Business Retention and Expansion Coordinator
(June 3, 2019 to March 31, 2020)
The County of Dufferin sits on the fringe of the Greater Toronto Area, about 100 kilometres northwest of Toronto. It is largely a rural county with three urban settlement areas. The region is well known for its rivers, its rolling hills and its excellent outdoor recreation opportunities. The UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, the Niagara Escarpment and the world famous Bruce Trail, run through Dufferin offering spectacular vistas and hiking opportunities. Home to over 61,000 residents the area boasts fabulous restaurants, shopping and amenities.
Reporting to the Economic Development Officer and working closely with the Planning Coordinator, the Business Retention and Expansion Coordinator will oversee the Business Retention and Expansion (BR+E) project and ensure it is designed, planned, organized and carried through to implementation based on evaluation of local action plans.
· Assist with the recruitment, training and coordination of volunteers to conduct business visits.
· Proactively connect with existing businesses to understand and respond to local business needs.
· Develop survey questions, coordinate business visits and the collection of data, input data into Executive Pulse and manage the results.
· Advise businesses of various market development, financing, workforce training, and business planning resources available to them.
· Generate written reports to confirm findings, provide progress updates and submit final summary.
· Identify, design and implement strategies that help strengthen existing businesses and industries.
· Prepare all communication materials for the program including letters, agendas, minutes, contracts, surveys and presentations.
· Organize and lead community based meetings.
· Post-secondary education in the field of Business, Economics, Economic Development, Urban Studies, Environmental Studies (Business option) or Public Administration.
· Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in economic development or a related field.
· Proven project management skills in planning, designing, implementing, analyzing and evaluating.
· Research experience including data collection management, analysis and reporting of findings.
· Knowledge of economic development, community development and tourism.
· Ability to build effective working relationships with diverse stakeholder groups.
· Marketing skills in promotion utilizing multiple communication channels.
· A valid driver’s license in good standing with access to a reliable vehicle.
Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends is required.
Please note that this position is pending the approval of government funding. All applicants are thanked for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will receive a response. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection and will not be used for any other reason. The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $34.25 /hour
- economic development: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)