Health & Safety Coordinator
12 Month Contract
The Health & Safety Coordinator provides instrumental occupational health and safety support that effectively mitigates risk and is proactively sustainable. This role will work with Management and employees to ensure that the program is implemented and sustained, promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace, and ensure compliance with safety legislation and safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Health & Safety Coordinator will effectively and efficiently develop, coordinate, and maintain the onsite administration of JMP’s Corporate Health and Safety program for U.S. and Canadian locations, which includes responsibility for on-site Health and Safety support at the JMP Solutions Material Handling Division in Orangeville.
The Coordinator will be involved in the maintenance of policies, provides advice, support and professional guidance on health and safety requirements.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Implement, monitor, and review health and safety rules, policies, procedures and reporting in accordance with location specific requirements, company standards, government regulations and legislation for both U.S. and Canada
- Maintain and report on safety and health records, metrics, and statistics
- Monitor and administer H&S training material for new hires and as refreshers annually to ensure workers are up-to-date in training as per Health and Safety training requirements
- Maintain WSIB accounts and ensuring all WSIB paperwork is filed when necessary.
- Annually procure Certificates of Insurance for all JMP Branches/Customer Sites that request them, as well as ensure all Workers Compensation is up to date.
- On a daily basis, maintain third-party health and safety administration and compliance websites: ISNetworld, Avetta, Veriforce, Cognibox, Gateway – W.R. Grace; and any other third-party administration sites
- Coordinate and ensure completion of customer required employee training
- Maintain PPE records, inventory and administration of PPE, (Hard hats, safety vests, Lockout locks and tags, Arc Flash Kits etc.) for all required employees for the company
- Coordinate and participate in investigating incidents, complete all WSIB claims and related work place health and safety documentation
- Participate and support in the Joint Health & Safety Committee for the Material Handling Division, London Meadowbrook Joint Health and Safety Committee and the JMP Global Health and Safety Committee.
- Schedule, conduct and lead the JHSC meetings, ensuring workplace inspections are completed in timely manner.
- File employee documents in HRIS system and physical file in accurate and organized manner.
- Prepare letters, internal announcements, posters, organizational newsletter, and other communications as required.
- General office and administration support to MHD
- Maintain COVID Policies and Procedures for all Canada and US branches.
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Previous Health and Safety related[AB1] experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a manufacturing industry is a strong asset, however for the right candidate, will provide training.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations including the Occupational Health and Safety Act is an asset.
- Experience with heavy equipment and in a manufacturing or construction environment an asset.
- Strong communication, organization and reporting skills.
- High attention to detail and commitment to excellence and producing high quality work.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to learn, adapt, take initiative, and work pro-actively.
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution skills and work in a team environment.
- Must be able to use basic computer applications and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and navigate third party external health and safety systems.
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to complement the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
TO APPLY: Please visit our website at https://www.jmpsolutions.com/about/careers/available-careers/
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.