A busser serves patrons by setting tables; placing and replacing silverware; keeping beverage glasses full; adhering to sanitation and safety policies; clearing and cleaning tables, chairs, and environment.
Busser Job Duties:
- Prepares dining room for patrons by cleaning and clothing tables; setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains menu presentation by keeping menus clean; replacing damaged or soiled pages; cleaning chalkboards; lettering specials on chalkboards.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Supports wait staff by setting-up and replenishing condiment stands, trash containers liners, and bus stations.
- Closes dining facility by cleaning chairs and tables; sweeping and/or vacuuming floors; removing trash and recyclables from the facility.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in staff training opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Listening, Presentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Teamwork, People Skills, Action Oriented, Productivity, Energy Level, Client Relationships