Reporting To: Head Chef
Restaurant/Hotel seeks a talented Chef de Partie with experience preparing fine dining cuisine. We’re looking for a creative individual who is willing to participate in creating seasonal menus and designing new dishes. The successful candidate will assist the Sous Chef in both culinary and administrative tasks while communicating with the Head Chef and Food and Beverage Director. We’re looking for a professional who is dedicated to food quality and sets high standards for their output. Apply today if you can bring excellent culinary skill and high energy to this exciting opportunity.
- Manage the line with the assistance of cooks under the supervision of the Sous Chef
- Maintain a full and detailed understanding of the full menu and be able to accurately relate dish descriptions, ingredients and methods when called upon to do so.
- Manage the development of cooks on the stations, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their responsibilities and duties.
- Ensure that daily prep duties are completed and that the station is ready for service on time
- Report any and all product, equipment, personnel and/or safety concerns to the Sous Chef
- Ensure that all dishes from the station are properly prepared and cooked according to company standards.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and sanitary station in accordance all relevant health codes.
- Assist the Sous Chef in the development and refinement of new menu items.
- Maintain an awareness of current food trends
- Assist the Sous Chef with daily procedures
- Previous kitchen experience, fine dining or hotel is an asset
- Culinary school is an asset
- Must be punctual, with a clean uniform and have a positive attitude (one team one dream)
- Able to meet and maintain standards set by the Chef
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate well
- Exceptional knife skills and training in classic and modern techniques
- Able to multitask and pay attention to details
- Able to prep and set own station daily on time for service following recipes and kitchen standards set by Chef
- Ensure food quality and safety at all times
- Accountability for own station
- Monitor and minimize waste
- Demonstrates sense of urgency in completing daily tasks and maintain composure under pressure
- Must possess Food Handler's Certificate