As our restaurant’s dishwasher, you’ll be instrumental in keeping business flowing smoothly and efficiently. After all, even the best food in the world looks unappetizing when served on a dirty dish or eaten with a spotted utensil. Our entire staff, from the front of the house to the back of the house, will rely on you to keep dishes and cookware sparkling clean to enhance our guests’ dining experience. If you’re a stickler for cleanliness, we’d love to benefit from your passion in our fast-paced dining environment where you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about food safety, sanitation and being a team player.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Load, run and unload the dishwasher with utensils, glassware, cookware, plates and trays in a fast and efficient manner.
- Ensure all dishes are clean and sanitized before they are put away on dish racks or used by your fellow team members.
- Maintain the dishwasher area to make sure it’s clean and organized and that the wash cycle is always sanitary and operating at peak performance.
- Mop and sanitize the dish room, kitchen floors and dining room and hallways at the end of each shift to maintain safety and sanitation.
- Sanitize work area at least once an hour throughout your shift to prevent cross-contamination.
- Set up the dish room and dishwashing machine before your shift and properly break both down after every shift.
- Adhere to the most current rules regarding food safety and hygiene.
- Come to work with a smile, your full work uniform, a positive attitude and a willingness to give us your all.
- Work as valued team player
- Effective communication skills
- shifts may include weekends and holidays
- Able to lift, push, pull items that weigh as much as 50 pounds
- Willing to cross-train on different positions
- High school diploma or equivalent