Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Hotel Sales, Catering, all Property Departments and customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phased of all property events. This position primarily handles events of average complexity- but depending on business needs the complexity will change per event. The primary responsibilities of this role is to: promote, price, plan, coordinate, and supervise the execution of all parties, banquet and special event functions, marketing activities, and promotion of the brand for general month to month growth in cover counts. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognized opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Ideal Candidate Profile: General Expectations:
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Mount Alverno Resort & Retreat
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional, and gracious service at all times.
- Maintains clean and organized work stations that are cohesive with philosophy, culture and standards of excellence.
- Recognize or seek areas for staff improvement and offer positive solutions for change.
- Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs set by Mount Alverno Resort & Retreat
- Understand philosophy of management and displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
- Represents Mount Alverno Resort & Retreat professionally through effective communication, cooperation and relationships with all business partners.
- High School Diploma or equant: 1-2 years of experience in event management or related professional area.
- Two-year degree from accredited university in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major and at least one-year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
- 0-2 years customer services experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with numbers.
- Comfortable using computer i.e. Microsoft office
- Motivated or hard working with exceptional guest service skills.
- Able to work morning, afternoon and night shift.
- Able to work on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Fast paced environment, must be able to work under pressure
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Own reliable transportation.
- Eligible to work in Canada