Location: Mulmur ON (Campus) & Orillia ON (Transition House)
Reports to: Clinical Director
Salary: $75000+ commensurate with experience
Starting: January 2023
Pine River Institute is a live-in treatment center for youth 13 to 19 years of age struggling with substance abuse and addictive behaviours. Our program includes; a therapeutic wilderness program phase near Algonquin Park, followed by a live-in phase at our campus located on a 200-acre site 100 kms northwest of Toronto. Our program uses a progressive discharge approach that is complemented by an aftercare program. Our family-centered program is innovative and highly structured, and creates opportunities for adolescents to engage in a focused transformation process through a fusion of education, therapy, recreation, and life skills. The majority of our students are from Ontario. We receive funding support from the Ministry of Health and academic support through the Ministry of Education.
The ideal candidates will possess strong leadership, communication and positive role modeling skills and will possess a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Provide Clinical Leadership with a team of staff and students
- Ensure that the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plans for the students are realized
- Provide individual and family therapy
- Provide clinical guidance regarding students' needs and their therapeutic treatment plans
- Ensure the safety, both physical and emotional, of the students and staff
- Ensure the appropriate, accurate and timely flow of reports and communication with parents and students
- Participate in research and evaluation activities
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Masters degree in a relevant therapeutic field
- Registration with a relevant professional association
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, with at least 3 years in a residential treatment facility and/or wilderness program is preferred
- Demonstrated solid ability in providing individual and family therapy
- Experience in working with adolescents, addictions and mental health issues
- Familiarity with Relational, Systemic, and Experiential approaches to working with youth and their families
- Previous experience with treatment planning is essential
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively with professional, collaborative groups
- Proven ability to make and sustain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Strong, flexible and results-driven style
- Excellent demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Clear certification of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check is required
- Understands the benefit and has experience in outdoor therapeutic programming
We offer a competitive compensation and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax 519-925-9002 or mail to 606060 River Road Mulmur ON L9V 0S9.