Start Date: Immediate
Location: Mulmur, ON
Pine River Institute is a live-in treatment centre for youth 13 to 19 years of age struggling with substance abuse and addictive behaviours. Our program includes; a therapeutic wilderness program phase near Algonquin Park, followed by a live-in phase at our campus located on a 200-acre site 100 kms northwest of Toronto. Our program uses a progressive discharge approach that is complemented by an aftercare program. Our family-centred program is innovative and highly structured, and creates opportunities for adolescents to engage in a focused transformation process through a fusion of education, therapy, recreation, and life skills. The majority of our students are from Ontario. We receive funding support from the Ministry of Health and academic support through the Ministry of Education.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for healthy cooking, good time management skills, able to multitask and the ability to work well unsupervised. This position would appeal to someone who enjoys cooking fresh, simple meals for large groups of people (50-65 persons). This role works at our campus location near Shelburne.
- Prepare nutritious meals for students, staff and visitors
- Assist with maintaining the quality of food served, nutrition and cleanliness according to food safety regulations
- Assist in the integration of the kitchen as part of the overall educational experience available to the students.
- Evening and Weekend availability
- Minimum 3 years experience in food service industry as a cook
- Experience cooking for those with dietary restrictions an asset.
- Experience in rotating bulk, frozen and fresh food
- Previous experience cooking for 50+
- Mature, reliable with a good sense of team
- Ability to work with no supervision
- Able to prioritize duties and work within time
- Police check and Vulnerable Sector Clearance required at candidates expense.
- Must have current certification in Ontario Food Handler’s
- Computer experience an asset
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.