Assembler / Machinist
As Assembler / Machinist, you will contribute to multiple projects daily. Working with the Shop Supervisor, you will provide input into mechanical designs to increase ease of build, functionality, and maintenance. Complete assembly (mechanical and/or electrical) of machine components and perform onsite troubleshooting and adjustment and service work for JMP’s material handling systems.
• Execute all phases of machine construction
• Assemble all aspects from drawings/verbal instruction
• Record changes to machine parts and assemblies
• Provide direction to other builders
• Fill in commissioning reports, organize prints for job
• Debug entire machine with engineering as necessary
• Perform machine parts and assembly modifications, interfacing with other departments as needed
• Install and service machines when needed
• Must be able to travel as per project requirements
What qualifies you for this opportunity?
• Licensed millwright with electrical knowledge, licensed electrician with mechanical skills or a technician/technologist/engineer with a penchant for hands on work
• Proficiency in assembly of machine components
• CWB Certified or proof of previous Certification would be an asset
• Experience with machinery and equipment including Power and Hand Tools, Vertical Band Saw, Iron Worker, Drill Press, Shear, Lathe, Milling Machine, Horizontal Band Saw, Auto Band Saw
• Mechanical knowledge and experience (design, tooling, fixtures, experience with a machine builder, etc.)
• 5+ years of experience in machine building
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Must be knowledgeable in the proper use and selection of tools and equipment
• First Aid and Forklift certifications are considered an asset
How could you boost your application?
• A team player who also possesses the drive and responsibility to work autonomously when required
• Proficiency in fabrication including welding, machining and control wiring
• Exposure to material handling equipment
• Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
• Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
Who is JMP’s Material Handling Division?
Our Orangeville office team designs, engineers and manufactures custom material handling solutions and we take pride in our hands-on approach to analyzing our clients’ challenges and applying our system knowledge to each and every application to meet their specific needs. We provide both heavy duty and standard lifting and handling equipment that includes belt conveyor and roller conveyor systems, custom lifts, scissor lifts, package and pallet handling equipment, vertical conveyor belts, truck loaders and AGV (automatic guided vehicle) appliances.
Our team is full of hardworking, goal-oriented individuals! We are always looking for like-minded people to join our team and add their strengths to our growing skill sets.
• Postal / Courier
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
• Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
• Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
• Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
• Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
• Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
• Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
- Employee, Calgary Office
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
How do you apply?
Interested candidates please apply online at https://www.jmpsolutions.com/about/careers/. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.