Shift Supervisors at JMP are key leaders and mentors to their peers on the shop floor. While supervising a small team, shift supervisors also perform the duties of a Welder/Fitter. When problems arise, Shift Supervisors are responsible for collecting and interpreting information to determine the best solution, such as modifying procedures and methods to address new conditions.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
• Supervising a small group of staff
• Running shift meetings, updating schedules and production workflows
• Confirming material and performing welding to CWB and ASL tolerances
• Building jigs and one-off product developments
• Assisting with Quality Control and sign off
• Working with M-Eng on drawing reviews, as built
• Assisting with product development from a mfg. point
• Other duties as assigned
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
• Certified CWB with 5+ years of experience
• Experience with machinery and equipment including Power and Hand Tools, Vertical Band Saw, Iron Worker, Drill Press, Shear, 50T Press, Lathe, Milling Machine, Horizontal Band Saw, Auto Band Saw, Crimper, and Crane
• CWB 47.1, First Aid, Crane, and Forklift certifications
• Ability to read & interpret blueprints
• Read fractional and decimal measurements
• Well developed critical thinking skills, able to autonomously make sound decisions and problem-solve with limited supervision
• Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
• Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
• Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• An ability to travel; although this position is focused on local clients and minimal travel is required, Shop Leads should have the ability to travel within US and Canada
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. JMP’s Core Competencies are essential to employee success. JMP employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
• Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation,
• Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
• Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
• Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
• Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada,
JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core
areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics
systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
We are CFE Media’s 2nd fastest growing Systems Integrator in the world on the 2019 System Integrator
Giants list, certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2019 and a “Best Workplaces Canada”
award recipient from 2013 through 2019 and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell
Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified.
Who is JMP’s Material Handling Division?
Our Orangeville office team designs, engineers and manufactures custom material handling solutions
and we take pride in our hands-on approach to analyzing our clients’ challenges and applying our system
knowledge to each and every application to meet their specific needs. We provide both heavy duty and
standard lifting and handling equipment that includes belt conveyor and roller conveyor systems,
custom lifts, scissor lifts, package and pallet handling equipment, vertical conveyor belts, truck loaders
and AGV (automatic guided vehicle) appliances.
Our team is full of hardworking, goal-oriented individuals! We are always looking for like-minded people
to join our team and add their strengths to our growing skill-sets.
• Postal / Courier
• Food & Beverage
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what
mountain we climb.
• Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
• Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to
develop those relationships
• Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
• Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire
• Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers,
partners, and communities
• Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
-Employee, Calgary Office
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
How do you apply?
Interested candidates please apply online at https://www.jmpsolutions.com/about/careers/. Or please email your resume to HDonohue@jmpsolutions.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.