Type of position: 4 Month Full-Time Internship / Co-op (Fall 2019: Sept-Dec)
Compensation: $500/month honorarium or room & board. Each compensation offer includes gym membership and is highly encouraged to use.
ABOUT ATHLETE INSTITUTE, INC.
Athlete Institute, Inc. is a fitness facility and sports venue located in Orangeville, Ontario, which owns and operates several sports and entertainment properties including: Athlete Institute, Athlete Institute Basketball Academy/Orangeville Prep, Athlete Institute Football Club, BioSteel All Canadian Games, Core5 Fitness, CrossFit Orangeville, and Purple Owl Pilates. Additionally, Athlete Institute runs camps, rec leagues and other special events. There is always something exciting going on at Athlete Institute and we are looking for enthusiastic interns to help us tell our story!
Websites: www.athleteinstitute.ca, www.gobears.ca, www.aifc.ca, www.aicamps.ca, www.biosteelallcanadian.com, www.crossfitorangeville.ca, www.purpleowlpilates.ca
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing & Communications intern will work closely with the Digital Content Creation intern under the Marketing & Communications Manager to accomplish a variety of marketing and communications goals for all areas of the Athlete Institute business.
- Create, schedule and post content for multiple social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube)
- Social media analytics strategy development and implementation
- Create and send email marketing campaigns and multimedia press releases
- Develop and update websites
- Develop and qualify leads for the sales team based on campaigns
- Assist with game day event execution and other special events
- Promotion and communication of games, events, leagues and camps
- Self-starter, reliable team player with strong attention to detail
- Pursuing a career in sports management, journalism, marketing or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of social media channels, strategies and best practices
- Knowledge of social media management tools an asset (Buffer)
- Experience running organizational social media accounts preferred
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends (will know in advance)
- Digital marketing strategies from idea generation to planning, content creation and publishing
- Social media management
- Brand management
- Business development
- Sales processes
- Game day operations management
- Event planning and execution
- Room and board is available to students in the residence on Athlete Institute campus
- If staying in residence a police record check will be required
- Daily workouts are permitted (and encouraged)
Applicant will provide:
- Cover letter
- Relevant project samples are encouraged
*Marketing & Communications Manager
Athlete Institute, Inc.
Job Types: Full-time, Internshi