The Art of Storytelling is a leader in visual content creation located in Dufferin County, north of Toronto.
Partnering with a variety of brands and organizations, we specialize in creating content that showcases our clients, telling their stories in meaningful and highly impactful ways.
We are accepting applications for a full-time entry level Assistant Videographer & Photographer/ Editor to join our team. This position reports to the Creative Director.
This is a Trainee position and, an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn.
No experience with a camera is required, we will provide all training. You will be trained in all aspects of videography, lighting, audio, and editing. We believe in a cross trained team as it is equally important that you can assist with both shooting and editing. This position is currently in-person for photo shoots and remotely for editing. Training will be remotely.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Camera assistant on in-person shoots.
- Editing assistant for video and photography content.
- Contribute to on-going expansion of internal and external creative content.
- Participate and assist in setting up of equipment on shoots.
- Assists with packing, loading, lifting, moving, delivering and unpacking equipment.
- Job responsibilities are typically 30% shooting, 70% editing.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- A creative mind that is open to learning our style and techniques of video/photography storytelling.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Must be able to lift and carry camera bags of 25lbs.
- Willing and able to learn new software such as Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to deal with multiple and changing priorities.
- Successful candidate requires reliable transport primarily within Dufferin County and occasionally within the GTA to on-location shoots. The candidate will require a Motor Vehicle background check.
- Applicant must be able to work well in collaborative environment, as well as operate efficiently and independently while executing on day to day tasks and assignments remotely.
- Individuals must have the ability to work in Canada.
- As this position may involve working with children successful applicants must pass a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Hourly range $15-$17.
The Art of Storytelling Inc. is committed to diversity and accessibility. Should you require any accommodation please contact [email protected].
Please submit your cover letter and application to [email protected] by April 16th 2020.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.