Welcome to Whispering Pines- we are a destination company that truly care about our employees. We are growing and currently seeking Gardeners.
This position would provide year-round work - with snow removal during the winter months. Visit our website to learn more about us, and the type of projects we complete.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist supervisor is preparing for day-to-day site activities
- Demonstrate competency with equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant material and garden maintenance practices
- Some client interaction and satisfaction
- Provide physical labour which will involve some heavy lifting
- Ensure that tools are maintained, returned to their proper locations and stored securely when travelling
- Safe operation of all tools and equipment
- Sales Assist
What we offer:
- Year-round work, with snow removal in the winter seasons
- Company provided cell phones, loaded with our own apps to track material and time. No more loose papers!
- Room to grow and expand in your desired field
- Monthly staff parties – BBQ’s, Patio Parties, Breakfast etc!
- A huge year end bash for you and your significant other
- Profit sharing programs- Year-end bonus!
- Company provided uniforms
What you offer:
- Good knowledge of best garden maintenance practices.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn from others
- Able to operate or learn to operate equipment such as blowers and weed trimmers.
- Able and willing to follow detailed instructions
- Experience an asset.
- Certifications in areas of safety and equipment operation - including WHMIS, CPR, First AID, etc.
- College Diploma, Apprenticeship, CHT, University degree in Horticulture or Landscape Technology an asset.
- Minimum Starting Wage of $15.00/hour
- Maximum wage of $19.00/hour
- Employees having training including CHT, College Diploma, Completion of an Apprenticeship Program or a University Degree all in related fields may be eligible for a higher rate of pay.