As Shop Supervisor at JMP you will be a key leader and mentor to employees on the shop floor. Your role will be to ensure that projects are kept on time and on budget while ensuring top level quality. When problems arise, as a Shop Supervisor you are responsible for collecting and interpreting information to determine the best solution, such as modifying procedures and methods to address new conditions.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
• Supervising a shop floor staff
• Ensure that all employees follow Health & Safety guidelines
• Running shift meetings
• Ensuring projects are on schedule and on budget
• Ensuring product quality
• Confirming material and performing welding to CWB and JMP tolerances
• Building jigs and one-off product developments
• Assisting with Quality Control and sign off
• Working with Mechanical Engineering on drawing reviews, as built
• Assisting with product development from a manufacturing point
• You will also perform “Hands on” manufacturing duties alongside your team
• Installation supervision of machines when needed
• Must be able to travel as per project requirements
• Other duties as assigned
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
• Certified CWB or with 5+ years of experience
• Welder or equivalent skilled trade ticket with CWB Certification is preferred
• Experience with machinery and equipment including Power and Hand Tools, Vertical Band Saw, Iron Worker, Drill Press, Shear, 50T Press, Lathe, Milling Machine, Horizontal Band Saw, Auto Band Saw, and Crimper
• CWB 47.1, First Aid, and Forklift certifications
• CWB Welding Supervisor ticket would be an asset
• Ability to read & interpret blueprints
• Read fractional and decimal measurements
• Well developed critical thinking skills, able to autonomously make sound decisions and problem-solve with limited supervision
• Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
• Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
• Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Ability to supervisor and direct contract skilled trades
• An ability to travel; although this position is focused on local clients and minimal travel is required, Shop Leads should have the ability to travel within US and Canada
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. JMP’s Core Competencies are essential to employee success. JMP employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
• Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
• Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
• Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
• Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
• Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
Who is JMP’s Material Handling Division?
Our Orangeville office team designs, engineers and manufactures custom material handling solutions and we take pride in our hands-on approach to analyzing our clients’ challenges and applying our system knowledge to each and every application to meet their specific needs. We provide both heavy duty and standard lifting and handling equipment that includes belt conveyor and roller conveyor systems, custom lifts, scissor lifts, package and pallet handling equipment, vertical conveyor belts, truck loaders and AGV (automatic guided vehicle) appliances.
Our team is full of hardworking, goal-oriented individuals! We are always looking for like-minded people to join our team and add their strengths to our growing skill-sets.
• Postal / Courier
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
• Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
• Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
• Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
• Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
• Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
• Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
- Employee, Calgary Office
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
How do you apply?
Interested candidates please apply online at https://www.jmpsolutions.com/about/careers/. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.