Material Handling Division
JMP Solutions’ Material Handling Division provides both heavy duty and standard lifting and handling equipment. that includes belt conveyor and roller conveyor systems, custom lifts, scissor lifts, package and pallet handling equipment, vertical conveyor belts, truck loaders and AGV (automatic guided vehicle) appliances.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
• You are responsible for checking all material (formed or raw) against the description and part number on the drawing. All workmanship must be up to JMP Solutions and CWB standards including but not limited to dimensions, squareness, tolerance, and welding profile.
• Spend time with the Production Manager reviewing the time schedule information for the project, drawing and material.
• Complete tack-welding on all weldments and have the Production Manager approve the work before final welding. Once final welding is complete, you will perform a quality inspection of the product, label all parts for the next process, and clean up your work area.
• You will note any changes or corrections from the original drawings on the respected drawing to indicate the as-built product.
• Complete administrative duties related to recording and tracking the time spent for each job.
• Participate in JMP Solutions Health and Safety program by ensuring the machinery is in good working condition through daily pre-start inspections.
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
• MIG Certified with a minimum of 2 years experience.
• CWB Certified or proof of previous Certification
• Ability to read and follow AutoCAD/blueprints drawings.
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• You can provide your own CSA approved safety shoes.
• You can provide your own welding shield and basic tools.
• Ability to use measuring tools
• First Aid and Forklift certifications are considered an asset.
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
• Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
• Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
• Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
• Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
• Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
Who is JMP’s Material Handling Division?
Our Orangeville office team designs, engineers and manufactures custom material handling solutions and we take pride in our hands-on approach to analyzing our clients’ challenges and applying our system knowledge to each and every application to meet their specific needs. We provide both heavy duty and standard lifting and handling equipment that includes belt conveyor and roller conveyor systems, custom lifts, scissor lifts, package and pallet handling equipment, vertical conveyor belts, truck loaders and AGV (automatic guided vehicle) appliances.
Our team is full of hardworking, goal-oriented individuals! We are always looking for like-minded people to join our team and add their strengths to our growing skill-sets.
• Postal / Courier
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
• Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
• Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
• Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
• Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
• Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
• Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
- Employee, Calgary Office
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
How do you apply?
Interested candidates please apply online at https://www.jmpsolutions.com/about/careers/. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.